APICS certification points are points granted to designation candidates and current designation holders to help acknowledge your professional accomplishments and commitment and maintain existing APICS certification. It’s an APICS requirement to stay up-to-date with changing techniques and tools in operations management and supply chain management in the manufacturing industry.
Activities that can count toward your APICS certification points include:
- APICS membership
- Continuing education courses
- Attending the APICS International Conference & Expo
- Serving on an APICS functional committee
- Inclusion in industry publications
- Other related professional memberships
The quantity and kinds of activities from this list that count toward specific designations or designation maintenance vary. For instance, if you are completing your CFPIM designation, you will need to have earned at least 100 points. Only 75 points can be used from each of the following five categories:
1) Manufacturing APICS CPIM exams passed
4) Classroom instruction
5) Volunteer and practitioner activities
If you are renewing a designation or applying for a lifetime designation, you can refer the most recent point information on the APICS , The Association for Operations Management, website, here.